Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Potatoes Got Wizzed On


I felt like a little kid watching my school project grow when I discovered that some potatoes I planted as a goof, actually grew. So imagine my disappointment when they started dieing. They turned yellow and shriveled up, and then they were gone! Eventually I figured it out. The wonderful, wandering dogs of our village would come by and pee on them. Maybe it was only one dog, but it was enough to kill my potatoes, and my excitement!

So, after mourning the loss of my potatoes, I turned my attention to my poor sweet pepper plants, that were not doing well at all in the confines of a pot. I decided to place them where the potatoes were. As I dug holes for the new plants, I was astonished to find a few little, tiny potatoes amongst the dirt. Yeah! There was only three, but they were there. I had grown potatoes!!!

Now I need to take what I have learned and apply it to a new crop of potatoes. Wish me luck!