Monday, January 12, 2009

Update!

I've been lazy lately. I have not been thinking about my blog at all. Well, maybe in the back of my mind, but that's all. I have all this neat stuff I make up in my mind to blog, but it gets no further than that.

With the Holidays finally behind me, I want to start taking this undertaking of mine seriously. I started blogging because I wanted to practice my writing skills. But if I don't write, there's no practice.

I was able to go "home" and see my family after Christmas. With all that is going on with my health and unable to work like I used to, money has been very tight. Christmas was a very slim affair in my household. One of my sisters sent me money for gas to make sure I came. I love my family and miss seeing them, but I am still on a path away from them.

I was able to visit with my nieces and nephews I hadn't seen for two years. I spent time with my Mom and my sisters. I was concerned with how my Mom looked. Her skin color was not so good. She looked very gray and I asked her about her pace maker. She said she felt okay, but I knew better. After I got home I still bugged her about going to the doctor and getting her pace maker checked to be sure it was set to where she needed it to be. She just recently got it put in, so it wasn't tuned into her yet.

Just the other day, I get phone calls from two of my sisters, telling me they were taking Mom to the doctor. But she didn't know it yet. My one sister had called my Mom's doctor and told them about my Mom's color and energy level and they said to bring her in that morning. My Mom works for this sister. So when she got to the office, my sister told her she had a doctors appointment.

So, long story short, her pace maker was set too low and they bumped it up a little. She says she feels alot better and her color looks good too. I told her when I called that she wasn't allowed to be mad at us for shanghaiing her. We were only concerned for her health. So all is well. She knows we love her and not just being bad children. :-)