Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finding A Long Lost Friend

It is amazing how you can reconnect with an old friend who you have not seen, or talked to, for over 25 years.  Time just rolls back like you were in high school again and talk for hours like it was only ten minutes.  Friends like that are so very valuable and hard to come by.

This very thing happened to me last night, as again, I am up late at night and on the internet and watching TV at the same time.  My sleep patterns are definitely not like those of other people.  I guess they really never have been.  But back to my friend.  I was going through my emails and deleting spam or old stuff and he IMed me.  How cool was that!  He lives all the way up the coast in the Boston area.  It still amazes me sometimes, the ability to have a conversation with someone just like they were right beside you, and actually 800 miles away. We ended up talking on the phone for almost two hours and took me back to my junior high and high school years when we would laugh and have great fun in the halls of school.  Too bad we lost touch after graduating high school.  He went off to college and I went to work.  Then, I moved over 350 miles from home.  Ironically, he had moved further away from home than I had, and in the other direction.

There was nothing better for my well being than this conversation with a long lost friend.  I slept well, without any distracting dreams, after this connection.  Even if it is only long distance, now that I have found a lost friend, I plan to keep in touch.  Now, on to the search for another lost friend!